LIBERTATHEE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LIBERTATHEE

For Freedom and Atheism, for the keeping of Reason against superstitions

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Creatonism and Intelligent Design

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
quinlan_vos
Admin
quinlan_vos

Creatonism and Intelligent Design Empty
PostSubject: Creatonism and Intelligent Design   Creatonism and Intelligent Design I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 7:18 pm

The creationism was born just when Charles Darwin published his book in 1859, "Of Origins of the Specie".
Immediately, a large part of the population - religious - continues thinking that it's impossibles things could have happend as explained by the English naturalist.

The creationism is the fact of thinking that evolution is just a myth. God created us - and every animal specie - in there actual form. A long time ago (but not so long), humans were friends with the dinosaures, wich were all vegetarians. Earth is 6000 years old. The univers... Mabe 8000. Well... Read the Genesis chapter in the Bible, and you'll see what these people are thinking.
Of course, this is wrong, and stupid. But... It's Truth for them.

Now, a consensus is done, between religious and scientists, that evolution is proved, with observations and analysis, and is no longer only an hypothese.
Actually, the litteral reading of the Bible is recent. Since the Vatican II Concile (1964) and is based upon twe books :
- The book of Genesis.
- "Of the Origins of the Species", by Darwin. The naturalist analyse presents many mistakes, because he didn't know biology and genetic.
Some creatonists are using some recent books, but seems to never read what was published after 1985 (they still think that the scientists says that we are little children of apes).

Since 1859, the fight between Darwinists and creationists is hard, once talking about the clues discovered by Darwin, the others about the Bible.
The scientist community of the time is, itself, divided.
But, Darwin - who was deeply a believer - never really talks about humans. He will do it many years later in his book "Descent of Man".

From the publication of "The Origin of the Species", many scientists begin to explore and study it. The biggest discoveries about genetic, paleonthology, molecular biology and viruses comes from that theory, exactly like the biggest discoveries about space comes from Einstein.
The scientists, finally, will be agree about Darwin's theory during the XXth Century.

150 years won't be enough for the Church.
In 1893, Pope Leon XIII says, as the Trente Concile, that everything that is in the Bible is true.
Finally, Pope John Paul II, in 1996, will admit that "evolution is more than an hypothese". It will make several differences of opinion between the christians. But, never him, or his successor, can accept that Man can be seen has "the accidental product and senseless of the evolution".

Now, many churches are joining creatonists every year. But their opinions are rejected by the scientists, due to two things :
- Talking about God, that is not a piece of the scientist experiment, and stays far from reason.
- The creationists thinks that scientific facts must say the same thing that the Bible.

In the world, the creationism is leaving its religious way, for being seen by everybody. Creationists are not only in the churches, but comes now in politic. We are talking here about freedom of believing, education or, simply, freedom of speaking.

Last edited by quinlan_vos on Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://libertathee2.board-directory.net
EspressoFrog

EspressoFrog

PostSubject: Re: Creatonism and Intelligent Design   Creatonism and Intelligent Design I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 8:44 pm

hint, replace "The creationnism" by "creationism" then delete this message.

Otherwise we could put things first into a "draft" section with limited access and release stuff once it's been proofread by a few people. Bedsides there are only like 2 or 3 of us so far :-)
Back to top Go down
quinlan_vos
Admin
quinlan_vos

PostSubject: Re: Creatonism and Intelligent Design   Creatonism and Intelligent Design I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 8:51 pm

Changes are done, thanks.

But I don't understand... Why put these topics on another page seen only by few members?

Actually, I think about doing the same thing as the French forum : means creating HTML pages, and talk about 'em here.
A real kind of and encyclopedia, with pages of science.

Don't you think it could be a good idea?
Back to top Go down
EspressoFrog

EspressoFrog

PostSubject: Re: Creatonism and Intelligent Design   Creatonism and Intelligent Design I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 8:57 pm

quinlan_vos wrote:
Changes are done, thanks.
But I don't understand... Why put these topics on another page seen only by few members?
Actually, I think about doing the same thing as the French forum : means creating HTML pages, and talk about 'em here.
A real kind of and encyclopedia, with pages of science.
Don't you think it could be a good idea?

It sure is and it's been a while since I've have the opportunity to do it. I was even less ambitious, I was thinking about listing those resources as I've listed them on the French forum along the address of where you can find the information and who publishes it.

My worry was that we get attacked by creationists for simple things like typos when it might be smarter to direct them directly to the institutions who publish the materials.

"Don't like the way sedimentary rocks are formed ? Don't pick a fight with us, instead go and address the issue with the US Geological Survey directly."

It's typical of them, they don't ask questions in physics because they want to know the answer, they just want to open the debate and then take shots at a few words here and a few words there. Look at the ones we have, they don't even bother reading the answers, they jump directly to their next rant.
Back to top Go down
quinlan_vos
Admin
quinlan_vos

PostSubject: Re: Creatonism and Intelligent Design   Creatonism and Intelligent Design I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 9:17 pm

Well...
This forum is dadicated to discussion.
Everyone is welcome to talk about every topic - even these ones.
Creationists will be able to do it, but no one (except me) will be able to modify the web pages. Then, don't worry.
When the whole topics about science will be finished, we will be able to re-direct people to them.

I'm quite cynistic but, more they will talk and discuss about us, more we'll be seen.
Back to top Go down
quinlan_vos
Admin
quinlan_vos

PostSubject: Re: Creatonism and Intelligent Design   Creatonism and Intelligent Design I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 1:27 am

Following...

In the United States, creationism left the South (the Bible Belt) to expand in the North, in the educated an upper classes. In the same time, some actions are made for "giving a chance" to that ideology.
Since 1920, William Jennings make pressures to get the learning of evolution out from the schools. One ore two states are working like this. Five years later, around fifteen states decides that the education of evolution is restricted.

On January, 28th of 1925, the Tennessee votes the Butler Act, wich says that it's "illegal for every teacher of every university, normal school or any other public school of the state [...], to teach every theory who denies the Divine Creation of man, has told in the Holy Bible, and to teach instead that man descends from any inferior animal".
An association, the American Civil Liberty Union finds a teacher who agrees to go against the Butler Act, John Thomas Scope, 24.
With the ACLU, Scope goes to tral. He hopes that the Supreme Court will be agree with him. The scientist community doesn't move, and he loses. Scope have to pay, but the trial is famous, and everybody is talking about. More, the public opinion is behind Scope.
It's only in 1967 that the Butler Act is voted illegalby the Supreme Court, using the 1st Amendement.

Next, creationism, who's not so much loved, get a new "scientific" title, and becomes the "intelligent design".
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Creatonism and Intelligent Design   Creatonism and Intelligent Design I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Creatonism and Intelligent Design
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
LIBERTATHEE :: ENCYCLOPAEDIA :: Topics and Discussion-
Jump to: